I’ve updated Simple Event Attendance (SEATT WordPress plugin) to version 1.3.0. This brings bug fixes, and updates in line with the release of WordPress 4.3.1.
Firstly, an apology for taking so long to release another version - feel welcome to get in touch if you want to discuss changes you've made to your code in the interim. These are largely security changes, so it's recommended that you update when you can. The database structure hasn't changed, so you should experience no loss of data.
- Ensured the database elements all use the correct version of wpdb->prepare where needed, and tidied up any inconsistent usage where statements weren't prepared. Thanks to J.D. Grimes for chasing me on this.
- Made some text and layout changes throughout to work better with the Wordpress default templates.
In the pipeline are a few more changes that should further improve functionality of the plugin:
- Some sort of functionality to allow repeatable events - whether this be decoupling of event details from dates, or some other mechanism.
- Selectable categories for lists, allowing you to put one shortcode into a post/page and get a list of all active events.
- Anonymous registration - something that quite a few have asked for. It will be turned off by default but it is coming with captcha user verification.
- Email notification - I haven't explored this yet, but am hoping it can be done using internal wordpress functions.
As always, any feedback is very welcome.